Monday, December 5, 2016

ZAMBIA CHRONICLES DAY 1

Sisterhood Of Servants education and vocation initiative in Zambia was finally coming together.  It felt wonderful being back in Chipata, Zambia after being away for 2 years.  I hope you enjoy this latest installment to my blog called "The Zambia Chronicles" and rejoice with us in all that the Lord is doing. Happy Reading!   
DAY 1:
"Flag on the play." Airport TSA inspected my luggage and promptly trashed all my newly purchased (and expensive) time release fertilizer pellets that were going to be used to improve the soil for the crops we'll be planting this week for the MVEVI farming co-op. I should have repackaged everything to be less conspicuous. Boooo! I'm trying to come up with a suitable alternative that doesn't involve catching fish and placing one into each seed hole (think Pilgrims and Indians). 😀
Today I'm shopping for supplies. Tomorrow I head into the bush. Thank you for praying for me and all our endeavors this week.
Specific prayer requests:
1. An immediate fertilizer alternative will be found (we'll start composting right away)
2. Safe travels into the bush
3. The well drilling company can be contracted quickly to start the installation of the well pump on our property
4. All of our building supply materials will be available and the work on the school can begin in earnest.

No comments:

Post a Comment